2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 1:15 AM by Apestar82

After Effects cs6 crashs on almost everything after new install

Apestar82

Hi,

I bought a new SSD to install Windows 7 64 bit and the software I'm used to working with on. After that install After Effect crashes as soon as I import a file. I've read other treads about the temp file paths but there all at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Tem I've haven't changed any settings.

Please if anyone can help!

• 1. Re: After Effects cs6 crashs on almost everything after new install
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

• 2. Re: After Effects cs6 crashs on almost everything after new install
            Apestar82 Level 1

While I was updating the update manager said I need to close the ''Dynamic Link Media Server'' or something like that while the update manager was the only programm that was running, could something be going wrong there? Are there known problems with the dynamic link media server''?

• What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update).

After Effects cs6 with lastest update

Yes

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

Windows 7 64 bit, fresh install with servcice pack 1

• What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

Every type of footage I import

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

It just shuts dows

• What were you doing when the problem occurred?

Importing footage

• Has this ever worked before?

Yes, before the install

• What other software are you running?

Nothing

• Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

No, I did install new catalyst drivers for vga

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.

Amd 4x 3000, 8gig, radeon 6450, one ssd

• Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?

No

No

• Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both?

I don´t get there

No

• What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?

New install, both Windows and Ae, new vga drivers.