1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 3:26 AM by Mylenium

Premier Pro CS6 unable to open project exported by After Effects CS6

Whirled Creative Level 1

I ge the following error when trying to import a simple animation sequence project exported from After Effects CS6.

error.jpg

Sorry about the big cursor. I'm too frustrated and tired to fix it.

It's a text animation with a song in the background: something a 5th grader could do in their sleep. I'm on hour 8 trying to get a compiled version that is suitable for YouTube.

I thought Premier Pro might do a better job since After Effects keeps messing up the final version and Media Encoder isn't helping.

Any thoughts?

Or better yet, if you know a program that I can animate simple text on the screen while a song plays in the background, let me know. I feel like I am using an electron microscope to find a splinter in my hind quarters. Or at least it feels like a splinter (probably just my head once again).

Thanks in advance for both your patience in my frustration and your advice.

Jase

• 1. Re: Premier Pro CS6 unable to open project exported by After Effects CS6
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, what is the audio source? What are the exact comp settings? What system? The error is perhaps a bit poor in the wording, but the meaning is actually quite clear. one of the following things could be at play:

• You are using a strange compressed audio format.
          • Your comp settings do not match your PPro Sequence settings.
          • One or more of your sources cause PPro to try and use hardware accelerated playback and there is a conflicht with AE on that.

Fix those issues and it might work. Adjust your comp settings, convert the audio file, substitute the source files with proxies or converted versions in a more firendly CoDec.

Mylenium