3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 10:44 AM by 99jon

Import from scanner

rlc5195 Level 1

I just installed PSE 11.  Previously used PSE 6,9 and others.  When I tried to import an image from my Epson V600 scanner, the setup screen recognised that I had a V600, but then claimed no compatible scanner was available.  What do I need to do now?

• 1. Re: Import from scanner
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You may need to copy the Adobe TWAIN driver, if your scanner requires it, from the optional plug-ins folder to the Import-Export folder in the main plug-ins folder.

You will need to copy the plug-in Twain_32.8ba

Copy from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Optional Plug-Ins\Import-Export

Copy to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Locales\en_US\Plug-Ins\Import-Export.

On Macintosh, copy the ImportModules folder to plug-ins.

Copy from:

//Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/Support Files/Optional Plug-Ins/

Copy to:

//Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/Support Files//Plug-Ins/

N.B. The app store version of Elements has a different file path.

• 2. Re: Import from scanner
            rlc5195 Level 1

for 99jon.  Thanks for the informaation, but I don't find the folder "Import-Export" under \Locales\en_US\Plug-Ins on my hard drive.  Should I create it?  Also, when using PSE 9, it recognized that I have VueScan software as my primary scanner software and added that to the list under "import"

• 3. Re: Import from scanner
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Simply move the Import_Export Folder from optional plug-ins to plug-ins