3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 8:11 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

Premiere Elements 10 (CD) Content installed, but not showing up

RealmOfConfusion

I have a CD copy (NOT a digital download) of Premiere Elements 10.  After installing the program, I also installed the additional content (DVD menus, movie themes etc.).  The first time I ran Premiere, this content was available to use, but on running the program for a second time, a message is displayed on startup stating that only a reduced set of content has been installed.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the content - same problem, its available on first use, but not subsequent use.  I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing the entire program - again, same problem.

All the online help I can find with regards this problem relates to a download copy of the program, but that doesn't apply in my case.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10 (CD) Content installed, but not showing up
          Jeff A Wright Employee Hosts

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 (CD) Content installed, but not showing up
            RealmOfConfusion Community Member

Problem solved (I think!)

I noticed during yet another re-installation that while the program file was installed to C:\Program Files\, the content was installed to C:\Program Files (X86)\.

By changing the installtion path of the content to C:\Program Files\ (the same destination as the program file), the error has - so far - not come back.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 (CD) Content installed, but not showing up
              the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Good news!

The x86 is for a 32-bit version of the program, and if you have installed, and are using the 64-bit version, but install the Additional Functional Content into a folder for the 32-bit version, PrE will not be able to find it. The Functional Content is the exact same, between the two versions, but the location Path will make a difference.

Personally, I think that Adobe needs to rework the installer routine for the Additional Functional Content, to survey the installation of the program, and if it is 64-bit, then install the Additional Functional Content where THAT program will look for the material. Otherwise, I think that the installer routine should pop-up a message, directing the user exactly where to install, based on their program version. This could be a simple warning, or even better, a drop-down menu, to select the location.

Unfortunately, installer routines are usually written by another department, than the one coding for the program, or maybe even an out-of-house service, so maybe the installer writers just do not know the differences. With a two OS version of the program, with different Paths, they SHOULD be informed, and provide an easy (for the user) way to get it right. Just MHO.

Hunt