6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2012 12:47 AM by Yammer

RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE

Alan.asd

Can you tell me how to upgrade my CS5 to read RAW files from my Nikon D800 please?

• 1. Re: RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Upgrade to Camera Raw version 6.7...go to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ and Select Camera Raw (Mac or Windows) in the dropdown menu.

• 2. Re: RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE
            Noel Carboni Level 7

I'd suggest using Help - Updates... inside Photoshop as a first attempt.  It's supposed to update itself without the user having to go through a lot of complexity.

Jeff, that "Updates" page is nice, but someone needs to put more work into keeping it up to date.  For Windows I can't even see the Camera Raw 7.2 Update in there yet.

-Noel

• 3. Re: RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE
              Alan.asd Level 1

Thanks Jeff, your guidance work fine.

Regards

Alan.asd

Alan Edmunds

Ageless System Development

Ageless System Development Ltd - Reg No.:  7919708

Ageless Product Marketing

Ageless Troncmaster Services Ltd  -  Reg No.:  5114246

Double A Consultants Ltd  -  Reg No.: 3527058

All Registered Offices at 119, Beatrice Street, Swindon, SN2 1BE       

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email transmission (and/or any attachment

accompanying it) is private and may contain confidential information

belonging to the sender.  The information in this transmission is only for

the use of the intended recipient.  Any files transmitted with this email

are copyright of Ageless System Development or of the original sender if

this email has been forwarded.

If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any

disclosure, copying, taking any action in reliance on the contents thereof,

or distribution of any information in this transmission is strictly

prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please accept our

apologies and return the email then destroy all copies of it.

VIRUS CHECK:  We take all reasonable efforts to control the spread of

viruses by maintaining a copy of Norton Antivirus but the sender does not

warrant that this email, or any attachment, is free of viruses or other

harmful elements.

• 4. Re: RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE
                Jeff Schewe Level 5

Noel Carboni wrote:

Jeff, that "Updates" page is nice, but someone needs to put more work into keeping it up to date.  For Windows I can't even see the Camera Raw 7.2 Update in there yet.

For some reason that was intentional. Adobe did not release a standlone installer on purpose. I'm not sure why...BTW, don't you remember when ACR 7.2 came out, everybody was trying to find the 7.2 installer?

• 5. Re: RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE
                  Noel Carboni Level 7

I remember actually finding it, but now that you mention it, it wasn't in the typical place.  Thanks for reminding me.  I guess I just assumed that was a temporary mistake that was going to be cleared-up.

-Noel

• 6. Re: RAW CONVERSION UPGRADE
                    Yammer Level 4

Jeff Schewe wrote:

For some reason that was intentional. Adobe did not release a standlone installer on purpose. I'm not sure why...BTW, don't you remember when ACR 7.2 came out, everybody was trying to find the 7.2 installer?

I assumed that Adobe wants everyone to use the Help>Updates method now, although it's a bit weird how no one has confirmed this. I have seen a lot of complaints about the updater in these forums recently. I've always preferred the downloads method myself. I've come in handy on a number of occasions when photographers laptops were unable to open raws, and I had the latest ACR on a memory stick.