3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 5:32 PM by Jim_Simon

Can't edit premiere titles in Photoshop

IllinoisEditor

I can't seem to edit any premiere titles in Photoshop.  I create  title from a template using the title tool. I click on the title icon in the project window, but both the "edit original" and "Edit in Adobe Photoshop" options are greyed out.  This happens in CS6 running on Lion as well as both CS5.5 and CS6 running on Snow Leopard. FWIW, I can open a menu from Encore in Photoshop fine, and I'm able to edit audio in Audition okay thru the edit menu.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  I also get the same results if I create the title from scratch rather than starting with a template.

I've messed with this for the past few hours and can't make any headway.  I've tried repairing permissions and deleting preferences.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Can't edit premiere titles in Photoshop
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

You are correct. Even if one Saves_As a Template, the resulting PRTL file will not Import into Photoshop, or any program, that I have ever seen. PRTL's (Premiere Title Templates) ONLY work in Premiere.

For that reason, I often create my Titles in Photoshop, and Import the PSD (whether as Layers in a Sequence, or Flattened), into Premiere.

I had filed Feature Requests for Photoshop, to Open an editable PRTL, but it seems that the Title Template is gone, as of PrPro CS 6. I found that a good feature, for creating Titles, that could easily be used in later Projects, and have dozens, that I rely on weekly.

Sorry for the bad news, but good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Can't edit premiere titles in Photoshop
            IllinoisEditor Level 1

So the "Edit in Adobe Photoshop" command is only useable if the title was created in Photoshop to begin with?

You can create a DVD menu in Encore using a template and then edit it in Premiere, so I assumed that it was the same kind of thing here - I guess not.

Thanks Hunt.

• 3. Re: Can't edit premiere titles in Photoshop
              Jim_Simon Level 8

So the "Edit in Adobe Photoshop" command is only useable if the title was created in Photoshop to begin with?

Well...it'd be more accurate to say it's usable only with formats PS can open.  PSD, JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc.  So by extension yes, any title created there will open back up there.