7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2012 1:15 AM by SammyT303

Is anyone still having the AME crash issue?

SammyT303

I've been working very efficiently until the last day where Media Encoder just stopped finishing the job.  It will get about 50% of the way through a simple .mov to mp4 export and then freeze.  I am using a new Imac with an I7 and 20+ gigs of RAM. I have updated both Premiere Pro cs6 and with that Adobe Media Encoder. 

I have about 200 edits that I cannot transfer to Final cut Pro with out shooting myself in the face, I am begging for someone to help me out here. Adobe doesn't seem to give a rip and I am at a complete loss. 

Sammy

• 3. Re: Is anyone still having the AME crash issue?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Could you repeat that, please?

• 4. Re: Is anyone still having the AME crash issue?
            SammyT303 Level 1

I've been working very efficiently until the last day where Media Encoder just stopped finishing the job.  It will get about 50% of the way through a simple .mov to mp4 export and then freeze.  I am using a new Imac with an I7 and 20+ gigs of RAM. I have updated both Premiere Pro cs6 and with that Adobe Media Encoder.

I have about 200 edits that I cannot transfer to Final cut Pro with out shooting myself in the face, I am begging for someone to help me out here. Adobe doesn't seem to give a rip and I am at a complete loss.

• What version of Premiere Pro? Premiere Cs6 6.0.2 updated yesterday
            • What operating system? Mac OSX 10.7.4 : 3.4 Ghz 20Gigs of RAM : I7
            • What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".  I am using a few different codecs in some of the sequeces.  Mainly used is the Apple ProRes 422, Linear PCM, Timecode : sometimes I used a few AVI files as well
            • If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)? I do not get error messages the Media Encoder just stops working
            • What were you doing when the problem occurred? Trying to have exported media converted to h264
            • Has this ever worked before? This has worked almost all the time except for this last week as I've really need it.
            • What other software are you running? Premiere CS6 and Media Encoder that is all.
            • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? No
            • Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
            • Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? I am using the mercury playback engine yes
            • Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both? This only happens on the final output
            • 5. Re: Is anyone still having the AME crash issue?
              PmPhotographic Level 2

Hi

In reply to your original query, yes I am.

I am running CS5.5 on a WP 7 Pro, HP Z400 workstation (ie Adobe approved) with an NVidea FX3800 card (again Adobe approved) and 12gB ram.  The machine is basically used for Adobe products only

I have historically had problems with queued footage (either H264 or QT) and have never really investigated that, a restart of AME usually 'curing' it.  However the last few days I have had continual crashes of AME when exporting multiple H264 (built in Pro options) edits, which has been stopped by rolling back the latest NVidea driver (It kept reinstalling due to my error with windows updates settings).  I now have the 'Write XMP ID to Files On Input' disabled as other threads suggest, but for me the killer seems to be the driver entirely as it still crashes with the XMP disabled, but with latest driver.  It is appalling to me that the driver does this when I spent a lot of money buying approved hardware, I also think I should be able to use the programme as intended, without work arounds.

I have also noted that over the last few days, it is much slower to transfer data to AE to start the sequence, still the case after rolling back the driver, but I wonder if this is a result of disabling the XMP transfer?

I also note that the ceasation of activity seems to happen at any point, but usually when starting a new clip.  With the XMP transfer enabled, it was normally at the point of XMP transfer

I am also seeing the odd pop up message referencing the NVidea OpenGL (when the latest driver is installed), but do not have specific details noted Im afraid

Presently, if I use the drivers (from April) and disable the XMP transfer, I believe my AME is stable

• 6. Re: Is anyone still having the AME crash issue?
                SammyT303 Level 1

It seems even though you are running into some very frustrating issues as am I. What is more frustrating than anything is the lack of support you can receive from ADOBE.

I have sent out numerous emails about this crash and read a handful of other media coder crash related entrees as well. I have thrown my hands up at this time and am hoping they can at least communicate with their consumers first thing on Monday. 

I've tried everything I can think of, deleteing the cache in temporary files, updates, reinstalling, moving sequeces, moving clips to other timelines, calling everyone I know.  I think they only fix is going back to Final Cut.

S

• 7. Re: Is anyone still having the AME crash issue?
                  SammyT303 Level 1

How was that not enough information?

I have answered everything needed below hopefully someone can in touch with me tomorrow.