4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2012 5:21 PM by Michalek1478

APE 10 - white screen in monitor while playing video - but everything fine in APPro CS6

Michalek1478

Hello,

I have an Asus G75V, Windows 7 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10, as well as a subscription of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (with Encore). All windows updates are up to date, also the optional (save Bing, which I do not need). I have the latest version of Quick Time (QT 7). Till today everything was fine, but now... I open a project in AP Elements (as well when I create a new one) and get this message:

We have detected incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. Display driver details: NVIDIA Corporation GEForce GTX 670M/PCIe/SSE2 3.0.0

The point is I do have the latest update from Nvidia installed, from their webpage (version 306.97). Nvidia webpage after scanning my system says: GeForce GTX 670M 306.97     Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

In effect, when I open the AP Elements, in the monitor panel i see the image corresponding to the cursor position on the timeline, but when I press PLAY the image in the monitor turns white, I hear the sound of the movie, but there is no picture, just white color. When I STOP the image of the movie appears. The video is 1920x1080, 25 fps from a DSRL camera, the codec is Lagarith. The computer used to handle this size of video with no problems.

When I open another project in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or in Encore CS6, everything is fine, I see the image and hear the sound.

What I did trying to fix it is the following: I reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements; uninstalled the Nvidia driver; reinstalled the Nvidia driver, the last version and also tried to downgrade to the previous version (306.23). To no avail.

I found this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303 but it is for APE 9.0, not 10.0 - I do not have the BadDriver.txt file

What could I do, please help?

Thanks for help,

Michal