7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 6:41 AM by 99jon RSS

Restore from Photoshop Backup

adbaldii

I accidentally deleted a photo from my computer that was backed up in Elements 10 ALL PHOTOS backup.  I want to restore the photo, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how.  Photoshop says I have several thousand photos in their backup file, so I know it is there.

• 1. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup
          99jon MVP

Photoshop Elements is designed to restore the whole catalog and the images are numbered sequentially e.g. B000001.jpg; B000002.jpg etc

For a single image you would need to search manually and then make a duplicate copy and rename it.

• 2. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup
            adbaldii Community Member

How do I restore the catalog?

• 3. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup
              99jon MVP

From Organizer:

File >> Restore catalog

Navigate to the TLY file on your CD, DVD or external hard drive.

Or go to photoshop.com

• 4. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup

The backup is in the Photoshop computers, not with me on DVD's or an external drive.  It is a service of Elements 10 for which you pay an annual fee.  Interestingly, they do not offer the service for Elements 11, but I just got an nvoice for the coming year, so it is still active.  I have gone to Photoshop.com, and although there is a way to see the pictures, I cannot find out how to bring them back to my computer.  That is what I want to do.

• 5. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup
                  99jon MVP

Did you see the link for the forum I posted on your other thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshopdotcom

• 6. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup

It looks just like the place where I asked my original question and re-asked it yesterday.  No help so far.  I was told by you, I believe, that the pictures will come back with a new number for each one, so I assume this is possible, but I need to know how to do it.

• 7. Re: Restore from Photoshop Backup
                      99jon MVP

Use the option “Also Share on Photoshop.com” to make your albums show up on your Gallery page.

Log on to Photoshop.com where you can change Album Permissions to “Shared”

That will enable other people to access the Album if they have the URL.

You could also check your settings in the on-line Organizer. Go to the album and in the left pane click on the settings “gear” icon. Then open the album properties dialog. Make sure that the options "allow viewers to print" and "allow viewers to save" are both checked.

It can be a little confusing as there are the over arching settings of “private” and “public” and other sharing methods such as friends lists and group albums; so explore all the options.