4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 4:20 AM by danny_tx

adobe flash player issue

leidertje

hello, would u help me with my adobe issue? it happens that the adobe flash player doesn't work correctly on my computer with OS windows 8, i have got the most recen version installed and appears an issue in it, would you tell me what's going on please? edua_gv@hotmail.com thanks

• 1. Re: adobe flash player issue
          courier2003

The Flash Player version that is compatible with a Windows 8 32-bit OS and a Google Chrome browser is Version 11.5.31.2. You might have a 64-bit OS, which may not work on a 32-bit OS (what a mess). I'm still not sure which version is compatible specifically for Google Chrome Windows 8, 64-bit OS.  With the Internet Explorer browser, you can use Version 11.3.376.12 for Windows 8. Hope that helps some at least.

• 2. Re: adobe flash player issue
            pwillener Level 8

What browser are you using?

Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 has Flash Player preinstalled; you don't need to (and cannot) install Flash Player manually.

What exactly "doesn't work correctly"?

• 3. Re: adobe flash player issue
              danny_tx

Adobe Flash Player is not working on my computer with Chrome either.  I have Windows 8 64 bit & the latest version of Google Chrome.  Flash videos just don't play.  I just get a black screen in the area where the video should play.  Flash videos do work with the IE browser.

• 4. Re: adobe flash player issue
                danny_tx Level 1

OK, I figured out what was causing the problem on my computer.  I had a Chrome add-on called Ghostery that was blocking cookies to some sites that require cookies in order to play flash videos.  After I unblocked cookies from being set for these sites, the flash videos played in Chrome.