1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2012 11:46 AM by Frustrated in AZ

How can I add a second authorized user to my installation of Adobe Digital Editions?

Paul6039

I have initially installed with one user.  I have purchased a digital book using my credit card and id from Barnes & Noble.  I can't open the content without proper ADE authorization.  How can I add another user authorization to ADE?

• 1. Re: How can I add a second authorized user to my installation of Adobe Digital Editions?
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Paul, if you used one ID to install ADE, you cannot download an ebook from

a site into ADE if you used a different ID.  That's the way the Digital

Millenium Copyright Act of 2000 was implemented to prevent unauthorized

copying of ematerials.  ADE tells you that in its HELP section.  You can't

add a second ID to ADE either, for the same reason.

What you CAN do is to change users, and authorize ADE with the same ID you

used when you downloaded the ebook.  You do this by bringing ADE up, then

using the CNTLSHIFTD key combination, you will deauthorize ADE.  Close

ADE and reopen it, and ADE should ask you to authorize it.  At this point,

you can enter the second ID, and ADE will take off from there.  BUT, keep

in mind that any other ebooks you downloaded into ADE with the first ID

will not be accessible until you go through the same process again and

revert to the first ID.

Hope this helps!

=============