9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 12:11 PM by redeyegraphics61 RSS

PSE 7 stopped launching

redeyegraphics61

I have PSE 7 it has stopped lauching - Why? I've had it for years and no problem with it. I have tried all round about ways to launch it (like rt clicking a jpeg and saying for PSE 7 to edit it) nothing works. I've gone directly to the shortcuts target file and double clicking to no avail.

• 1. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching
          18qwer Community Member

Sometimes the Preference file gets corructed. Try this solution:

1. Close Elements.
          2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.
          3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.
          • 2. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching
            redeyegraphics61 Community Member

The Welcome Screen, Organizer or Editor will not launch. I've even restored PSE7 program files from my back up hard drive. All my other programs, including PSE5 launch and work perfect.  This has never happened before.  I do not want to remove & reinstall PSE7, I have tons of tags, albums & plug ins for the editor, many, many hours spent organizing would be gone. I have had PSE7 several years on the same computer and have never had a problem with it until now. What happened? Help - I miss it.

• 3. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching
              Kyz99

I had exactly the same  it just stopped working and failed to launch.

Two tricks

1. Make a short cut to the PSE Editor - you will find it in C:\Program Files;
                probably it's in here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0
                its called PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe
              2. Un-install and re-install the whole thing - there is no 'repair' option and you will need the install key again, it does not remember these

On the whole its a right butt pain; but both work, I did both in that order, note that Organiser is not that useful or very good, so step 1 is all thats really required to get the Editor working again.

It appears its organiser and the welcome screen that go mammaries up, the editor still works, just don't click organiniser or the whole PC can freeze.

• 4. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching

Thanks for trying, I already have a shortcut on my desktop and have been to the target location. I've tried everthing to open it. I know I can reinstall but don't want to.  I'm going to creat a new user account and see if it will open from there. Thanks again.

• 5. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching
                  99jon CommunityMVP

Did you say you had tried deleting the settings file?

Hold down Shift+Ctrl+Alt and keep them pressed whilst right-clicking on PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe in the programs folder and choosing open.

Then release the three keys. Click Yes to delete settings when you see a pop-up dialog box.

• 6. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching

Tried Ctrl+Shift+Alt has absolutely no effect. Thanks for trying.  I even tried making a new user acct on my computer & tried launching it. Nothing.....  Can anyone out there help me?  I hadn't changed any settings. Why is it all corrupted.?

I'm just using the word corrupted. Just nothing will launch -  Welcome
                    Screen, Organizer, Editor or Inspiration Browser. Used it for years with no problems & even have PSE5 on the same computer. I'm the sole user Windowsxp Media Center addition. My disk is clean, I always keep defragged. HELP!

• 7. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching
                      Kyz99 Community Member

Hi

It looks like you're only choice is Option 2:

"Un-install and re-install the whole thing - there is no 'repair' option and you will need the install key again, it does not remember these"

It worked for me 

• 8. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching
                        andaleebfatima1 Adobe Employee

Is PSE5 working fine on the same machine?

Have you installed any third party drivers or some software updates recently?

Did you try launching Organizer/Editor with Admin rights?

Thanks

Andaleeb

• 9. Re: PSE 7 stopped launching

PSE5 works perfect. I am sole user of my computer with administration rites. No 3rd party drivers or software updates. Checked error log has to do with Flexnet Licensing. Cannot start under Services. Error 3 comes up stating cannot find path specified.