4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 2:02 PM by Steven L. Gotz RSS

Customizing Transitions?

btprairie

Is there a way to customize a transition, let's say cross dissolve, and then save it? I'm coming from FCP and figuring out there are some things I use all the time in FCP that I can't seem to find in Premiere Pro.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Customizing Transitions?
          Ann Bens ACP/MVPs

No you cannot save transitions, however you can use the Opacity in the Fixed Effect any which way you like and save that as a preset.

• 3. Re: Customizing Transitions?
            btprairie Community Member

Thanks Harm and Ann.

I was looking for something natively within Premiere. But it is nice to know there is that plugin. I checked out the link it looks rather cool!

The opacity trick will be the way I go.

Thanks again.

• 4. Re: Customizing Transitions?
              Steven L. Gotz Community Member

To quote myself from another thread:

I keep a project with video and audio that has all of my favorite effects on them. I renamed the clips to tell me what effect they carry. Or, in the case of transitions, I use the same clip with the transition description as part of the name. The project also has my logo, some standard titles, and a variety of commonly use audio and video clips.

I just import that project into just about every new project I create.

I used to just copy and paste between the sequence with the effects on it (named Saved Effects0 and the sequence for my new project. It was a hassle switching back and forth, but then Ann Bens pointed out that I could just have the Save Effects sequence sit right on top of the main sequence. I have the room. I am using two 1920X1080 monitors.

Since it is easy enough to copy a transition and apply it to a new cut, this works for me.