2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 9:23 PM by jarhtmd

Images aren't completely visible after loading in Photoshop CS6

jarhtmd

I've been using CS3.  Without un-installing CS3, I installed CS6 . . . actually both 64bit & 32bit.  I had several problems when running.  For example, images often were not completely visible after loading . . . part of the image showed as transparent.  I could duplicate the layer & all was ok, with both the new & original layers.  This hasn't been a major problem, but is a nuisance & indicates that something is not right.  Several features even cause "Photoshop CS6 has stopped working".  Thankfully, I could always fall back to CS3 when a problem cropped up, altho' it was a pain having to save so often.

I deactivated CS6 and uninstalled (via Control Panel).  I then re-installed, installed updates & re-activated . . . same problem when images load.  I just re-installed, so I haven't had a chance to test other things. 

I've postponed installing Lightroom4, hoping to solve CS6 problems first.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Images aren't completely visible after loading in Photoshop CS6
          Level 7

Update your video card driver from the GPU maker's website.

You've got an older version of the driver that has serious bugs in it.

• 2. Re: Images aren't completely visible after loading in Photoshop CS6
            jarhtmd Level 1

I downloaded & installed Nvidia GeForce G210 driver.  Started CS6 . . . opened several JPG images . . . each was completely visible after loading.  That sometimes happened before, so I'm not completely sure it's fixed . . . time will tell.

Now I have another (different problem) . . . The Type tool will not work.  I get "Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized."

For what it's worth . . . each time I clicked to make the above Bold & italics  I got a Windows Internet Explorer message "Are you sure you want to leave this page?"

EDIT . . . I rebooted (again) & everything seems to be working . . . EXCEPT the Windows Internet Explorer message "Are you sure you want to leave this page?"