2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 1:11 AM by ross_macintyre

I can't swipe to next page after placing my edge animation in dps

ross_macintyre

I've created an animation in Edge and exported it as a .oam file. I've placed it into dps (full page size) and although it plays fine I'm no unable to swipe between pages.

Initially I thought instead of using the animation at the full page size I could use it smaller so I would be able to swipe the area outside of the animated object. My problem with this is that the background of the page is a coloured gradient and as I've not managed to export my animation with a transparent background I need to set the background up in Edge also. This leaves me with the problem of how to navigate to the next page?

Im new to Edge (as you can probably tell) so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: I can't swipe to next page after placing my edge animation in dps
          sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hey Ross,

There's currently a bug when using DPS where the poster image won't clear from the composition and remains in the background when it plays in DPS. Does your animation automatically play? If so I have a workaround for you.

If you set your poster image to transparent, and your stage to transparent, the animation will play on a transparent background. Create a 1x1 transparent png and import it into your EA composition. In the publish settings, set this PNG file to be your poster image.

Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 11.25.33 AM.jpg

Also be sure to set your stage colour to 0% alpha.

colour.png

Publish and you should be good to go.

As for not being able to swipe, Animate compositions import as "Web Overlays" which means overlay in the most literal sense; they are placed on top of your publication so any interactivity you have may interfere with the gestures of your publication as created in ID. You can opt to turn interactivity off in the web overlay panel in ID, though this might defeat the purpose of your placed composition. It sounds like in your case if you're able to get the transparent stage to work this might remedy some of the problems you were having.

HTH,

Sarah

• 2. Re: I can't swipe to next page after placing my edge animation in dps
            ross_macintyre Level 1

Hi Sarah,

Brilliant! Thanks for your help, this worked perfectly.