3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 12:05 PM by Harm Millaard

Color shift in export panel

npoz1 Level 1

I am getting a major shift in color and contrast when I go to export. I know an accurate external monitor is the only way to really judge color, but this shift is happening within the program itself, before it actually exports the file. There is a noticable difference between the source preview window of the export panel and the program monitor. This is the source, it should be the same. What's going on? The shift also shows up in the exported file. Below is a link to a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h13mg4dceokijq/Screen%20Shot%202012-11-27%20at%2012.26.12%20PM. png

• 1. Re: Color shift in export panel
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I know an accurate external monitor is the only way to really judge color

So then why are you trying to fix a problem before you even know for sure there is one?

• 2. Re: Color shift in export panel
            npoz1 Level 1

Because there is a problem. I am not trying to solve a problem of color accuracy, I am trying to solve a problem of consistancy within the application.

The originating file is coming from a Canon 7D. So H264 file. There's an adjustment layer with a 3-way color correct, but I tried taking that off and the color disparity is still present. I exported the file and in quicktime-x it shows the color shift (as seen in source panel of export window), but when I open it up in VLC, the color is as intended, without the shift (same as program window). I've edited this same way with the same kind of files for well over a year now and never had these inconsistancies in CS5.5.

• 3. Re: Color shift in export panel
              Harm Millaard Level 7

quicktime-x it shows the color shift

L'histoire se repête. Do not use QuiRcktime.