• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protected Watermark that can only be removed by Document Creator

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create a watermark that can only be removed by the original document/watermark creator. I have a few thousand PDFs that I want to embed with a watermark, however currently anyone with Adobe Acrobat Pro can remove the watermark from the original file. I'd like to be able to protect the watermark somehow so that I'm the only one that can remove it... perhaps with a password. They only solution I've come upon is to flatten the watermark into the document thereby necessiating a duplicate of each PDF, one master/original PDF and one flattened version for sharing. I'd like to avoid having to create duplicate PDFs. There may be a way to do this within Acrobat but I'm unable find out how. Suggestions?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

My suggestion would be to use Acrobat's PDF security settings to require a password to edit the document.  The process should be described here:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-x/how-to-protect-pdf-documents/

If your goal is to prevent casual removal of the watermark (e.g. by using Acrobat Pro) this should be more than sufficient.  Please note that a determined attacker will be able to bypass this, and probably a flattened version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines