7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 10:57 PM by tmyusuf

Downloading Photoshop CS6

Angelic Tweeling

I want to install CS6 cheaply (oem version is fine by me and I am not a student).  Anyone know of any websites.   I have come across one for 99 dollars but I dont altogether trust the site.

• 1. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
          Level 7

There is no such thing as an OEM version - just pirated versions.

And if someone is offering Photoshop cheaper than the offical price - you are paying for pirated software.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I will echo what Chris said.

Now, I would look in two places: the Adobe Store, and also Amazon (not any 3rd party resellers, but Amazon, themselves). There are often things like "competitive upgrades," (do not recall seeing one, but it pays to check) as well as the more standard upgrades. This is a good time to shop, though PS might not have any "specials." Amazon is, or was, offering the Photoshop Elements 11/Premiere Elements 11 bundle for less than the MSRP of either one. Sort of like a "buy one - get one for free."

Do you have any versions of Photoshop? Maybe an upgrade path, if you do.

Do look ONLY at Adobe Certified Resellers, as almost all others will not be legit.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
              Angelic Tweeling Level 1

Thank you both for the response.  Thats what I thought, that site should be stopped!  It looked so legit, even have a whole story about how they can buy them in so cheap etc etc, but I thought if it looks too good to be true it probably is.  It makes me mad that Adobe charge so much for Photoshop.  I would find even 300 dollars a lot, but nearly 1000 dollars, how can they justify it?  No wonder so many people illegally download these days.  Sorry for ranting, I just find it so ridiculous.  I bought Paint Shop Pro a few years ago for I think around 70 euro, and it does almost as much as Photoshop!  I just wanted to add to my skill base as fewer people use PSP these days.

I don't have Photoshop so I can't just buy an upgrade unfortunately.  But I appreciate the trouble you both took to reply.

• 4. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
                Level 7

There are a lot of sites selling pirated versions of Photoshop.

As soon as one gets shut down, another 2 appear -- they do keep the antipiracy team busy.

As for the price: Photoshop is a professional product.

There is a cheaper version for the consumer market called Photoshop Elements.

• 5. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

One of the additional problems with pirate sites is that besides breaking the law, and probably selling you something that does not really work, is that some just want your credit card info. That is more valuable to them, and the people, to whom they sell that info, than their profits from selling the software. No telling what your credit card will be buying, and almost instantly.

As Chris points out, Photoshop Elements has almost all the power of Photoshop, at a greatly reduced price. Other than a few little features, like the ability to work in CMYK, create Layer Sets, and Adjustment Layer Masks, it is a surprisingly powerful program. It lacks some "professional level" adjustments, and relies a bit more on what I call a "big-button solution," many consumers feel that it is easier to use, and they never miss those "professional" controls.

Not sure if the offer is still on-going, but Amazon had the Photoshop Elements and the Premiere Elements (video editor) bundle for the old price of either program. These were the latest version 11, of each. If you paid US $90 for PaintShop Pro, you can now (if the sale is still on) get both PSE and PrE, for about that same price.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
                    Angelic Tweeling Level 1

Thanks once again for the responses.  I have another question.  Is Photoshop Elements ok for digital painting.  I understand it is great for scrapbooking, but I also love to digitally paint and like using and cutomising different brushes for this purpose.  Is it versatile in this way cos that is a biggie for me?

• 7. Re: Downloading Photoshop CS6
                      tmyusuf Level 1

I have a better idea for you listen Angelic Tweeling saving your money when day by day that is incress after that you Buy the orginal version.