4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 3:58 PM by profabu

Is Adobe Forms Central the right product for my needs?

HiretrackSmith

I am looking for a place/way to create a form (to be used for Event Planning) where various people associated with the event can access the form and fill in the parts that they are in charge of.  Idealy, everyone would see the updates to the form's fields in real time. Would Forms Central be a good way to do that or are there suggestions of something that would work better for this purpose?

• 1. Re: Is Adobe Forms Central the right product for my needs?
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Once a form is submitted it really can't be updated using the form itself. Anyone you share the responses with can go into the response table and update it there. You might want to try out the free account to see if would meet your needs.

Randy

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is Adobe Forms Central the right product for my needs?
            HiretrackSmith Level 1

Can fields be updated? Such as boxes checked, comments made on a single form that has been set up and posted to a webpage.   Or is the Adobe Forms more for polling, registrations, etc. where various people are putting their own information into a "blank" form?     I've set up a test form in FormsCentral, but can't even get two fields to view side by side, each field seems to go all the way across the page.  Is it more customizable to set up the form with Acrobat 11?  

What I want to do is to set up a form with entry fields - date/time of event, a/v needs, advertising check list, etc. - then have the people in charge of the various areas be able to go to the form and enter information, comments, questions so that the coordinator can see the "big picture" of what's needed, what's done, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated : )

• 3. Re: Is Adobe Forms Central the right product for my needs?
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

You can update in the response table but not on the form.

We currently do not support multiple fields on one line (though we are working on this feature and hope to have it available in January)

Acrobat can create more complex PDF forms but it provides no workflow or anything like FormsCentral.

Randy

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Is Adobe Forms Central the right product for my needs?
                profabu

You may look around for other solutions outside adobe forms, usually cloud based services/"drive"-s offered by different companies will meet your expectations. If you can create or distribute a table there, you're in the proper place.