Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActiveX not installed but plugin is

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having this problem for a while now:

I can watch YouTube videos but any videos that are posted on Facebook or Tumblr don't load. I went to my Flash Player Setting Manager and found that the 'Plugin' Version was installed but the 'ActiveX' was not. How do I fix this?

I'm currently using Chrome on a Windows 7 32-Bit. Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to install ActiveX for using Flash Player on Chrome. ActiveX is for IE use only. If you want to install ActiveX for IE, launch IE and go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and install. The web page detect your browser (IE) and download respective installer. Please let us know if IE and FireFox have same issue with Chrome.

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer!

IE and Firefox are both able to play the videos: it's just Chrome that I'm having trouble viewing the content on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this, creating a new user profile, for Chrome?

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142059

There are some people who encounter same issue with you. One of them commented to disable Chrome extention in the following forums:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/chrome/facebook$20video|sort:date/chrome/bj2g5YV1giI/Cbeho18_TAgJ

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/chrome/facebook$20video|sort:date/chrome/J4BA62Ynsf4/JJsJ_ppibAkJ

Please let me know if you see any change by above action.

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support.

Creating a new user profile hasn't solved the issue: I still can't watch videos unless they're uploaded on youtube or dailymotion (eg. on Tumblr or Facebook).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to see if switching system plugin fix the problem or still same?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there;

I've tried that a few times before but has never resolved the issue. I've disabled the chrome one and let the system run on the previously installed plugin and when that didn't work, tried running on just the chrome one only but to no avail. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Sorry about the late reply! Been on a short holiday break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone is suggesting to try Incognito mode (CTRL+SHIFT+N in Windows):

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/chrome/facebook$20video|sort:date/chrome/nsxxcXgg7ug/uE6Yyo5VfWwJ

Maybe you can get better info at Chrome forum since it is Chrome unique issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Firefox.

Keep getting Shockwave Flash Plugin crashed.Uninstalled and reinstalled many times but still not working properly..Freezing my Firefox and all up to date.Says active X version is not installed when i check the manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jadethecat34 wrote:

I have the same issue with Firefox.

Keep getting Shockwave Flash Plugin crashed.Uninstalled and reinstalled many times but still not working properly..Freezing my Firefox and all up to date.Says active X version is not installed when i check the manager

ActiveX is ONLY for Internet Exploder. Firefox, Chrome Opera and Safari DON'T use the antiquated ActiveX controls that Microsoft reuses to let go of.

Chrome uses it's own version of Flash Player plugin (version 11.8.800.115 - Firefox and IE use 11.8.800.94)

Some people have had success with these steps:

Download the file here: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=LW2uMC-muU*eva7lwEmoww

Unzip it and double click the deepclean_set file.

Disk Cleanup will open in a configuration window.

Check EVERY box in the list and click OK.

Double click the deepclean_run file and let the disk cleanup do its thing. It may take a while.

After it closes you can delete the deepclean_set file, but you may want to hang onto the deepclean_run for future use.

What this does is clear system cached and error reporting files that may cause the repeated crashed when browsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see..I'll try it,hope it works.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines