3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 10:32 PM by Vamitul

Indesign Export to RTF - with Images

Velprakash Level 1

Hi ID Developers,

I've a problem with exporting from .indd file to RTF format. I've a .indd file which contains images and text. While exporting this in RTF format, all the texts are exported. But not images. What I need is, The RTF have to look the same as indd view. This can be done by exporting to PDF and then convert it to DOC format, the same view like .indd file with all the images is done. But For this, Converting from PDF to DOC, we need extra specific softares like convertors. I wish to do it with script. Any Idea Experts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using CS5.

Thanks and Regards,

Velprakash.

• 1. Re: Indesign Export to RTF - with Images
          Vamitul Level 4

depends..

if the images are added as inline objects in text, you can first script indesign to replace the inline images with a text marker containing the image path

(for example: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus sed ligula lorem, sit amet consectetur sapien. Curabitur a enim nulla, vel sollicitudin purus ##$-here_was_image:c:\images\t1.tiff##$onec malesuada, nibh eget auctor porttitor, leo nisl molestie mauris, quis sollicitudin mi quam quis ligula. Fusce ac leo velit. ), then a word macro (don't ask me how to do that, i suck at word and VB) to replace the markers with the proper image.

if the images are proper graphic frames, probably with textwarp etc... well.. good luck with that.. and if you figure it out let me know, because i'we been busting my brain with something like that for the last year (maby a IDML to DocX...).

• 2. Re: Indesign Export to RTF - with Images
            Velprakash Level 1

Hi Mr. Vamitul,

After a long time, I'm in this forum now. I'm using CS5. I can't able to replace with text marker. Can u show some screenshot or some other example where to select option to replace...

Thanks and Regards,

Vel.

• 3. Re: Indesign Export to RTF - with Images
              Vamitul Level 4

there is no option. you have to script it. if you want, send me a sample file to see how are the files constructed, and i will try to help you (adapt some of the scripts i'm using for export)