4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 9:37 PM by Steven L. Gotz

applying a style on all titles

jfr8036

hi,

i have a project in witch i created subtitles for a movie,

but now i want to style all the titles to a different style (font size color outline etc...) but i can only do it one by one,

is there any way to do it for all?

i have a lot of titles and i really don't want to do it one by one

thank you very much in advance!

jony

• 1. Re: applying a style on all titles
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes you have to do them one by one in the titler, but your different style you can save as a new title style.

Select text in the titler and apply the your new style.

• 2. Re: applying a style on all titles
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The reason that you have to do it one-by-one, is that the Titles only exist as XML code in the PPROJ (Project) file.

Other than Ann's suggestion, the only way to do the change en masse would be to edit the XML code in the PPROJ file, with a Search/Replace in an XML, or text editor. Unless someone knows exactly what they are doing, things can go very wrong, and quickly. Not for the novice. If one WERE to try to edit the XML, I would very strongly recommend doing so on a Copy of the PPROJ file, and not the original.

Personally, unless I had 1000's of Titles, I'd just use Ann's Custom Styles suggestion.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: applying a style on all titles
              jfr8036 Level 1

but in the xml i cant define a lot of the style that i want, or can i?

say to add outline?

thank you very much to both of you for the help [=

jony

• 4. Re: applying a style on all titles
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

If you promise to try this on a copy, you can just take a look at the XML for one of the titles. Then change it to a new style. Look at the XML again. You should be able to spot the differences.

Then you just open it in WordPad or some other text editor that understands XML and search and replace.

However, I just tried it and it would take way too long to figure out what is what. I didn't expect so many changes when I just changed the font name.