Here is a simple example - http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/videoMultiple/videoMultiple.html
Like your example, there is the main function on the Stage > compositionReady.
Then on the click handlers for the two buttons pass the video url to the function.
Download here - http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/videoMultiple/videoMultiple.zip
Thanks for the reply! How would I get the video to show up if the button were inside another symbol? Right now i have a symbol with two buttons in it. The buttons get added to the stage when the user clicks a separet button.
It's like this...
Button A - on main stage when comp loads
-Button A onClick adds a new symbol called GRP_Topic1 to the stage.
GRP_Topic1 has two buttons inside called Button B and Button C
I want the video to show up when the user selects Button B
View sample here - http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/videoMultiple/videoMultiple_b.html
Download Sample - http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/videoMultiple/videoMultiple_b.zip
- vid container and buttons B, C are now part of a symbol called 'vid';
- Button A calls symbol 'vid' into the stage element called 'container';
- Moved the original function into the creationComplete handler of the symbol called 'vid'.
1 person found this helpful
I've been trying to work this out for two weeks.
I realized after the fact some issues - though I do not know how you are incorporating it, as it was, there was an issue with the original.
If you click btnA, then btnA again it loads the vid container again below the first one. Not an ideal scenerio - so instead:
- when btnA is clicked, it becomes hidden;
- the vid container now has a 'close' button (little black box to the upper right - style to your preference) with a click handler to: show btnA; empty the vid container (in case a current video is playing); then hide the vid container altogether;
View sample here - http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/videoMultiple/videoMultiple_c.html
Download Sample - http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/videoMultiple/videoMultiple_c.zip
yea i just noticed that but it's ok for now. is there a way to track the video in edge? here's what i'm trying to accomplish. when the user clicks a button and the video comes into view, i'd like a button to show up when the user's done watching. i thought about setting a timer but if they pause playback that won't work. i don't have server space but if you have dropbox i can share a folder with u
oh yea i added code to hide buttonA. it's all good