3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 2:06 AM by George_Johnson

Is FormsCentral right for us?

cathhayes1

We have purchased Form Central but still don’t know if it’s right for us. And we currently are trialling Acrobat XI

We want to import our order forms, make them fillable and calculate totals, put them on our website where our customers can fill out the order form, print it and fax it to us, or save it and email it to us or hit a submit button and the entire form comes back to us filled in. Some of our forms have 200 items so to recreate in FormsCentral from scratch would be massive.

I have used acrobat XI trial to create fillable forms for the website. The form I created was working on my computer, BUT I put one up on the website to test and while it can be filled out and printed, when I saved it, it saved as a blank form.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Is FormsCentral right for us?
          Drewy62 Adobe Employee

Formscentral unfortunately doesn't support some of the functionality you are looking for. Specifically from you description we don't support field calculations. Creating such Forms would be better suited to Acrobat XI.

Yours

Andrew

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is FormsCentral right for us?
            George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

But since PDF forms support calculations and they can be enabled and submit via FormsCentral, they should work just fine, correct?

• 3. Re: Is FormsCentral right for us?
              George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

cathhayes1 wrote:

I have used acrobat XI trial to create fillable forms for the website. The form I created was working on my computer, BUT I put one up on the website to test and while it can be filled out and printed, when I saved it, it saved as a blank form.

Any suggestions?

If you were testing with Reader, note that prior to version 11, Reader is not able to save filled-in forms unless they are Reader-enabled. Acrobat can Reader-enable forms, and so can FormsCentral when they are imported into the system. You can test this out with your account by importing a PDF form and setting it up.

You can enable a document to submit the entire PDF, but the submit button that FormsCentral adds to a PDF form does not do this. FormsCentral provides you the form data for forms that were submitted to it, not the filled-in form itself. Submitting to a web server (as you do with FormsCentral) is much more reliable and secure than submitting the entire PDF via email. Users will still be able to fill-in, print, save, fax, email, and even submit the entire PDF via email (if you set up a submit button for that). But it will provide the additional option of reliably and securely submitting to a web server along with other benefits.

1 person found this helpful