7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 5:29 PM by the_wine_snob

Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11

Sankalpit Bhusan

I installed the trial version of PE 11 on my Windows 7 desktop. When I load a video clip and click on Instant Movie, it shows me a list of themes. After I select a theme and click next, it shows me a box that keeps on saying "Downloading online content", but never stops. I gave it about 15 minutes, but it still does not go beyond that point. Before buying this software I would like to know whether PE 11 goes online to load each and every movie theme, or does the paid version come with themes on the disk, that can be loaded faster from the computer? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, Sankalpit Bhusan. Premiere Elements has its own forum and it's better to ask video questions there. Not many of us here use PRE. I'll move this for you.

• 2. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The Additional Functional Content is all now online for download. It is a large set of files, so depending on your connection speed, it might take quite awhile. I would start that download again, and just walk away for a bit. This will be a one-time download and install.

Besides Themes, you will get DVD/BD Menus, and additonal Titles. Seems that a few versions ago, the Additional Functional Content ran about 11GB, but I could be off by a few GB +/-.

Good luck, and just be patient.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
              Sankalpit Bhusan Level 1

Thanks for the prompt reply, Bill. Just to make sure I fully unserstand, as you said now all the content is online: Does this mean even if I buy the software, this content does not come along on a supplemental CD? Also, when I select a particular theme, is that the only one that will be downloaded at that time, or do all the themes get downloaded? My concern is that I have a slow internet connection at the location where I installed the trial version. Is there a URL where I can download all this content from? If so, I can use some other location having a faster internet connection, and then copy over those files to the computer where the trial version lives?

Regards,

Sankalpit.

• 4. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Sankalpit,

That is my understanding from Adobe engineers. I have not gotten my PrE 11 set yet, so I cannot verify that. Maybe others can.

I was pointing out issues with the Additional Functional Content installing into the 32-bit program folders, where if the user had the 64-bit version, it would not see that Additional Functional Content, though it was properly installed. The reply that I got was that they would look into the issues, but that all Additional Functional Content was now downloaded from on-line, that would not be a problem with PrE 11.

Also, as one can switch a trial version to full-paid, just by inserting their S/N, when they purchase, there should be no reason to uninstall, then reinstall.

As for a URL, I do not have one, but will search to see if Adobe has put up a separate one. As several other things happen, regarding Activation of certain modules in PrE, that have to be handled via the Internet, it could be that that is the only method that Adobe is offering - right from the program.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You do not get a separate disc of additional content or templates with version 11, as with earlier versions of the software.

You do need an internet connection to download them as needed, one at a time -- but this only takes a minute or so.

• 6. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I have contacted Adobe's engineering group, to make sure that the information that I have received, has been correct, and that I have understood it correctly.

Will report back, if anything changes. I also asked if there was a separate URL for the Content download.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Instant movie themes do not load in PE 11
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Thank you for that information. It coincides with what Adobe engineers told me.

Now, do you know of a separate URL for Sankelpit? My understanding was that the download, and installation HAD to be via the program.

Appreciated,

Hunt