2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2006 11:18 AM by

Upgrading from Beta 3

doug777
      When I get my release version of Flex 2 (waiting for my local distributor), do I need to remove all the components of Beta 3 before installing, just as I did when upgrading from Beta 2 to Beta 3?

• 1. Re: Upgrading from Beta 3
          njadobe
          Hi doug777,

We definitely recommend fully uninstalling Beta 3 before installing the release version. Before doing so, you should make sure to copy your Beta 3 projects out of your workspace folder (if you created them there) before uninstalling--the default workspace location is in My Documents\Flex Builder 2. It also wouldn't hurt to delete all the files and folders in your projects that start with "." (e.g. .project, .flexProperties, etc.) before importing them into the release version, so you don't have any old settings lying around.

Thanks,

nj
          Flex Builder team
          • 2. Re: Upgrading from Beta 3
            I tried upgrading my working application from beta 3 to a trial production version of Flex 2 and ran into 500+ compilation problems. This was the same experience while upgrading from beta 1 to beta 2 to beta 3. The difference is from beta 1 to 2 to 3, there were release notes that pointed to exactly what the changes were between the previous and the new release. Is there a similar document floating around for beta 3 to Production? If so, please let me know the location.