2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 9:38 AM by Shankar Arumugam

All formats of digital assets are not getting displayed in Content Finder...

Shankar Arumugam

Hi,

I have a video file which is of .ogg format.. And it's not coming in Content Finder..

How can i bring such different format of digital assets to Content Finder...???

Thanks,

Shankar .A

• 1. Re: All formats of digital assets are not getting displayed in Content Finder...
          kasq Level 3

Hi Shankar,

If you performing search using Content Finder and you want to search for a files with .ogg extension you need customize a little bit a some js files.

In case when you want to search in the Content Finder for some movies files using MOVIE tab in the Content Finder please go to

/libs/wcm/extensions/contentfinder/movies.js

and modify this line of code:

"mimeType": " video,application/x-shockwave-flash,"

by adding to mimeType attribute following mime types:  video/ogg,application/ogg,audio/ogg

so finally this line should looks like:

"mimeType": "video/ogg,application/ogg,audio/ogg,video,application/x-shockwave-flash"

Of course this is customization of the main CQ functionality, so it is recommended to extend this under /apps if possible.

After this kind of modification there is need to clear web browser cache to invalidate the movies.js file and after uploading new .ogg file to dam in the repository it might be possible that document is not getting indexed, so you need wait a while.

In case if you want to search for .ogg files in the DOCUMENTS tab in the Content Finder please customize in the same way file

/libs/wcm/extensions/contentfinder/documents.js

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

kasq

• 2. Re: All formats of digital assets are not getting displayed in Content Finder...
            Shankar Arumugam Level 1

Thanks a lot..

Really it helped me...

Regards

Shankar .A