1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 9:32 AM by Steve Grisetti

Motion rendering in Adobe premiere elements

WestLightPictures

Hello,

I recently purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I am on windows 7.

In one of my vidoes, motion is not rendered properly. For example, a talking persons lips are significantly blurred. The same video when played in Windows Media Player doesn't show this behavior. The video is AVCHD, 1080p, 30fps. I did not see a project settings preset that matches exactly those settings. So I selected AVCHD, 1080i, and 30fps (which I thought is the closest among all the presets available). And I DID NOT select the "force these settings" option. I assumed, when I add my video file, PE 11 would automatically select the right settings for that video. What might the cause for poor rendering? And how can I fix it? Thank you for the help in advance.

• 1. Re: Motion rendering in Adobe premiere elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If your video clip is the first one on the timeline and you didn't force settings on your project, the program should set up your project automatically.

So you could be seeing a couple of things:

1) Your Monitor panel may not be displaying the file at high-quality. You can ensure that it is by right-clicking on the Monitor panel and setting it to high-quality and making sure that you're not looking at your video at over 100% size.

2) It could be that your file needs rendered, in which case you'll see a yellow line above your clips on the timeline in Expert view. To render your timeline, press Enter or click on the Render button. This should improve your playback.