- These files are start files used in two legacy CSH calls. See: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/part/methods-calling-webhelp
- Good question. Did you make any changes to the SSL? Are the files chsdat_robohelp.htm and cshdat_webhelp.htm generated? Or do you have the old version of those files too?
- Unless you use a legacy method to call the CSH, there is no harm. As far as I’ve found out, these files are only used to start the project and are not used once the project is loaded.
I did some more investigation and found the following:
- I had not changed the startup file in WebHelp Settings > General Tab > Output Folder and Start Page field. Once I did this, RH generated a new startupxxxx_csh.htm and new startupxxxx_rch.htm within the Published folder. I always thought this field just affected the !SSL!\WebHelp directory, but evidently it also affects what goes in the Published directory.
- Before I re-published the project, I deleted everything in the Published folder and chose "Republish All" so RH would generate all new files. Once that was done, the old startupxxx.htm file, old startupxxxx_csh.htm and old startupxxxx_rch.htm files no longer appeared.
The help works well now, so I'm not going to delete any of these "legacy" files just to be on the safe side.