• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profiler can't connect - No activity happened in the last 60 seconds

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash Builder 4.7 Game Development Beta 2 with Project Monocle Support 64bit on Windows 7. When trying to profile my project, my app runs but the profiler doesn't pop up. After a minute I get the error message "No activity happened in the past 60 seconds after connection was established with the application. Disconnecting.".

If I create a fresh ActionScript (AIR) project with a super basic HelloWorld, the profiler works.

A clue: My project contains vector art assets created with Flash Professional CS6 and exported as MovieClip symbols in a SWC file. When running or debugging via Flash Builder, some symbols in my MainMenu art asset (100+ nested MovieClips, SimpleButtons, TextFields and shapes) are randomly replaced with other symbols from the same SWC. It's a bizarre, garbled mess. This doesn't happen when I build from FlashDevelop using the same Flex + AIR SDKs then run via ADL. If I take my working HelloWorld project and reference MainMenu in it (not even instanciate, just compile it in), then the profiler stops working with the above error.

Does anyone have advice for how to further debug this? There's no way I can decouple the SWC assets from my project but I'd really like to try the new profiling tools.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a little farther by picking apart the SWC - I think the bugs cease if MainMenu is the only exported class in the SWC, whereas usually there are 20 others. I almost got a hobbled version working, then Flash Builder exploded and fried my workspace and project which I took as a cue to give up on this for now. Filed this as a bug: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-35844

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, this bug made it into the production release. It makes FlashBuilder totally unusable for me because in addition to the profiler hanging, symbols from the SWC are randomly swapped in the output SWF - has noone else experienced this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines