11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 5:49 AM by Dr.Juan

Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.

Dr.Juan Level 1

Photoshop Touch deletes all my layers. Then the file won't open, says it's not a valid Photoshop Touch project. Happens repeatedly. Then, Creative Cloud syncs the blank project with all my devices. Poof!

• 1. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
          Ken G. Rice Adobe Employee

Moved to the Photoshop Touch forum. They will be able to help you.

• 2. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
            Dr.Juan Level 1

Hi Ken. I'm mostly hoping to be able to restore the lost project from the Creative Cloud. Will the Photohop Touch forum be the best place to explore this possibility?

• 3. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
              Ken G. Rice Adobe Employee

If you sign in to the Creative Cloud at https://creative.adobe.com and go to the Files section, are you able to see the file at all? If so you can download it. Also make sure to check the Trash view in the browser to see if the file is there.

We do not currently keep versions of files so if it was overwritten by a blank file and synced to the online file storage then we cannot retrieve it.

• 4. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                Dr.Juan Level 1

I did check all locations for a working version of the file, on the Creative Cloud Files, Archives, and on each synced device. The bug occurred in PS Touch, but the Creative Cloud overwrote the corrupted project everyhere -- on iPad, Desktop, and the Cloud. I'll check on Time Machine on my iMac -- it may have been backed up there before the corruption occured. But an interesting issue -- one hiccup and the project is not retrievable.

• 5. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                  greule Adobe Employee

Hi. It would be very helpful for us if you can reiterate what you did before your project corrupted.

e.g.

- how many layers

- which tools did you use

- size of the document

Thanks,

Guido

• 6. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

How much space are you using on your cloud account? Are you close to your limit?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 7. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                      Dr.Juan Level 1

I'm pretty sure the file corruption was caused by jumping between Adobe Apps on the iPad. I was building design elements in Adobe Collage, Adobe Ideas, and Adobe Proto, then saving to the iPad Album and importing into Adobe PS Touch. But double clicking the iPad Home Button to switch between apps repeatedly caused the Adobe Apps to crash, so that they would reboot w/ launch screens whenever I returned to them. I've noticed this seems to cause the creation of multiple -conflict.(app) files on the Creative Cloud, but a few times, PS Touch also deleted all the file's layer contents (except for leaving 1 or 2 intact layers), and the PSDX file becomes unopenable by PS Touch (invalid file pop-up), though Photoshop CS6 Extended will open the mostly empty PSDX file. In Photoshop CS6, the layers are all still there, but they are empty.

Small file sizes -- 2-3 MB

Usually working with layers & opacities during occurence.

1 GB in use on my Creative Cloud account, from 20 GB available.

• 8. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                        ibarrien Adobe Employee

When you mention the switching. Was Photoshop Touch one of the applications that was crashing?

Do you normally switch while saving files? I would avoid that if I were you, the OS'es on mobile devices does not work the same way as

ordinary OS's. So you are taking a risk when jumping around while doing critical things like saving a file.

Once no longer in foreground your application has no longer any rights to stay alive and can be killed whenever the system says so in order to give

resouces to the active application (foreground).

Please let me know if it helps to avoid changing application while saving.

thanks,

Ignacio

Message was edited by: ibarrien

• 9. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                          Dr.Juan Level 1

All 4 iPad apps crash repeatedly when working, possibly due to switching between the apps during workflow, not necessarily during the process of saving. But the biggest problem is that PS Touch won't sync anymore. The other 3 apps (Collage, Ideas, and Proto) sync every time without fail. But PS Touch will only randomly sync maybe once every day or 2, so the files it shows from the Creative Cloud are rarely current.

I have tried adjusting WiFi settings, signing in and out of Creative Cloud 20 or 30 times, toggling sync on and off 20 or 30 times, plugging into power, plugging into the desktop, powering the iPad on and off, and deleting and reinstalling PS Touch. The app refuses to sync, except at random once each day or 2, rendering the app virtually useless. I really do love using PS Touch, but due to this bug, I can't incorporate it into a real workflow. I'm waiting and hoping for an update to fix this, as the issue seems to be specific to the PS Touch App.

It seems like the wisest workflow may be to leave sync always turned off on all devices, and only selectively sync when you are sure things are how you'd like them to be when synced to the Creative Cloud. This is the only way I can see to avoid overwriting new files with out-of-date files from an app that lags behind the sync.

• 10. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                            ibarrien Adobe Employee

Sync does not sync files while you are editing documents, at least it avoids to do that due to performance.

So if you never let the application be idle in the Gallery it will not be able to sync your files that easily.

If you create a lot of files and large ones depending on your wifi it will take a while before the sync is done.

If you press the sync menu in the Gallery you will see the progress - maybe you should give it a look to see how far you've come.

Btw are you using the the same account on many devices simultaneously? Just curious.

thanks,

Ignacio

• 11. Re: Photoshop Touch deletes all layers, then says not a valid PS Touch project.
                              Dr.Juan Level 1

I am constantly checking the sync menu. PS Touch stalls 3-5 seconds after beginning any sync. It starts by saying "in progress", then it switches to say "0% progress", and it will stay that way, idle in Gallery, for a long time, even a day or so, without syncing. The other Adobe apps sync within 15 seconds of saving a document. There are no no huge files. I am using the apps and Creative Cloud according to the Adobe tutorial videos, and the default settings of the Adobe apps themselves. Unfortunately, PS Touch is rendered virtually useless in a workflow due to these sync issues.