• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

timed out, every time!

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This may be a simple problem but I would appreciate any suggestions. I am unable to install an offered update of Flash Player for Firefox getting a "timed out" error message at exactly the same point (47%) every time. I am using XP 32bit and my current version of FP is 11.4.402.287.  Everything else is working fine and I am unchecking the MacFee offer. I have not had this problem before and have not changed anything I am aware of on my computer. I have not done any sophisticated investigations because I don't have the ability! As above, any help, as in the kindness of strangers, will be gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me as well.

Never had any problem with flash player till now.

I tried to clean install, and i don't have a FP version right now.

OS = Win 7 Home Premium

Browser = Nightly 20.0a1

Just downloaded the beta FP. So should be good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly for bothering to respond. I will see if I can find and download the version you describe without getting rid of my still functioning older one, and hope it works. I will report back, but it won't be for three days at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you both are going through this, please try to install using our stand alone installers located on the Flash Player Installation troubleshooting page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Chris. Intallation completed without dicfficulty. But, the download was going achingly slowly until, on the spur of the moment, I turned off a Huawei WS320 wireless repeater I use to get coverage throughout the house. It could just be a coincidence, but I will be alert to any other slowdowns or interferences. The repeater does not seem to have any noticeable slowing effect on a laptop (running Vista) or an android tablet. If you know whether it is likely the repeater was the problem I would be interested to know, and if likely it might be worth including it as a suggestion for others with download delay or timeout problems.

Thanks again for your intervention. Gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines