2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 5:43 AM by maf79

pref. changes that make indesign run faster?

maf79

I have a new computer so it seems like it shouldn't be running slow, but it is (technically it's just inDesign that's running slow). Specs are below. Let me know if you need any other details.

My problem is: I am working on a 12-page document. It only has one image (though it's a large cover image). All other items in the document are charts/graphs/etc. that I copied and pasted from Illustrator so it's technically line art. Number of charts/items copied from Illustrator: 20. They are pasted in as art, not as EPS files.

InDesign is running incredibly slow at random times and when I save. It often appears to freeze and in the task manager it says the application is "not responding" but if I wait a minute or two, it comes back.

Display performance is on typical display. I changed it to fast display, but because I'm editing the charts, I really need it to be on typical.

Are there other preferences I can change to make it not run so slow? I'm rather confused that it's running so slow because there aren't images are anything. I can delete the one image (cover) and add that in when I'm done with the document.

InDesign CS6

Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 @ 3.10GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

Window 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)

Edited to add: I am running Spotify (streaming music), but I generally haven't had problems with that.

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to offer!!!