Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks / Manu.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2006 Jul 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't multi-post the same question.

I've never used MX6.1, but 7, in addition to CFID and CFToken, it has a JSession. The JSession appears to be a true "session" meaning that opening two browser instances to the same server creats to separate JSessions - not one as you found with the CFID and CFToken. We use all three to define the session which may be overkill, JSession may be enough?

Check to see if JSession is available to you in 6.1.

One additiona "good" note as far as we're concerned, browser instances spawned by an instance of a JSession inherit the same session. This was good for us because for printer friendly pages, we popup a child browser instance and the session is inherited. (hopefully I'm explaining this correctly and not confusing the crap out of you!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2006 Oct 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Steve and other URLSessionFormat fans.

The remote file of a XMLHttp request (Spry) among other things is trying to set two sessions.variables.
I have been told that if the remote file doesn't know the session CFID & CFTOKEN the new session variables wil not be recognized, and to avoid that I should use URLSessionFormat.

Now, my original Spry request look like this:

var request_URL ="/petitions/client/remote/authenticate.cfm?username="+uName+"&password="+uPass;
Spry.Utils.loadURL("GET", request_URL, false, authBack);

which returns values as expected but does not set the session variables, so I combine it with URLSessionFormat, like this:

var request_URL = '#URLSessionFormat("/petitions/client/remote/authenticate.cfm?username='+uName+'&password='+uPass+'")#';

The variable "request_URL" will render:
"/petitions/client/remote/authenticate.cfm;jsessionid=7e301d2f98475b4d5f10?username="+uName+"&password="+uPass&CFID=300&CFTOKEN=11985066"

which causes Spry to catch an exception while loading the url and the request fails altogether.
Please note the " ; " semicolumn sign between the filename "authenticate.cfm" and "jsessionid=" which is not like
CF7.1 example "myactionpage.cfm?jsessionid=xxxx;cfid=xxxx&cftoken=xxxxxxxx" found in livedocs.

Is either my code, macromedia example, or both wrong?
Or maybe it needs some tweaking and fixing to replace the semicolumn and put the question mark in the right place?

Pulling quite a few hair here. Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The semi-colon in both your examples looks incorrect to me. You obviously know that example #1 is invalid. I would try standard URL encoding first: myaction.cfm?jsession=xxx&cfid=xxx&cftoken=xxx. Only if that does not work would I try the livedoc example. (or heck, try them both).

Thus far, I have not had to do what you are trying to do here so if neither works, maybe someone else will chime in that has experience...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation