6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 12:03 PM by SFischerWI RSS

Dramatic speed issues with Air 3.5 and "-target ipa-ad-hoc"

Hello there,

I'm noticing dramatically slower performance when packaging my mobile app as 'ipa-ad-hoc' compared to 'ipa-test'.  This is a new issue with Air 3.5. This hasn't been an issue with previous Air SDKs (3.1 thru 3.4, etc.). Render mode is 'Direct'.

I am packaging from the command line with this syntax:

"/SDK/AdobeAIRSDK35/bin/adt" -package -target ipa-ad-hoc -provisioning-profile "./WORK/Apple/test_app.mobileprovision" -storepass my_secret_pass -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "./mycert.p12" ./test_app.ipa ./test-app.xml  platformsdk "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iP honeOS6.0.sdk"

Here is what I've tried so far:

1. Tested performance with ipa-test, ipa-ad-hoc, and ipa-debug-interpreter.  Ad-hoc is MUCH more sluggish.
      2. Tested against different versions of the iOS SDK
      3. I've removed any Flex Compiler arguments.
      4. Tested my app build with ipa-ad-hoc on an iPad 1, 2, and 3 with various versions of iOS.  I noticed sluggish speed on all three devices.
      5. I've tried render modes of 'direct', 'cpu', and 'gpu'.  'Direct' always works best for me.

What else can I check?  I'm racking my brain looking for the magic bullet.

Below is my app.xml file.

Thank you for your help!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.5">

<filename>Test App</filename>

<name>Test App</name>

<!-- iOS specific capabilities -->