3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 7:59 PM by kevin4545

How to run image processor with ACR?

kevin4545 Level 1

I have a folder with 1000 raws.

I just want to run image processsor to make small jpegs for the copyright office.

Think it ACR opens each one to the ACR window and then stops.

(I think Jeff S, explained this in a previous thread of mine I now cannot find— sorry. At that time it probably was not a critical issue and I move on. But I do gotta get these shots over to Washington DC now. thanks!)

• 1. Re: How to run image processor with ACR?
          areohbee Level 5

Consider Lightroom - it excels at making quick adjustments to large batches of photos.

Dunno if a Photoshop droplet or something would work for ya (?)

• 2. Re: How to run image processor with ACR?
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

kevin4545 wrote:

I have a folder with 1000 raws.

I just want to run image processsor to make small jpegs for the copyright office.

The interaction between Image Processor and Camera Raw depennds on your Image Processor settings...if you've laready set the image adjustments (or don't need any adjustments) simply be sure you DON'T select Open fist image to apply settings> As long as you don't select this option, IP will run through all of the raw files, process them with the image settings and save as JPEG–you'll want to select the Save as JPEG, set the quality and prolly set to Convert Profile to sRGB. If you want to minimize the final output size (suggested for several reasons) you can select the Resize to Fit option. You don't want to send high rez images to the Copyright Office...1024 x1024 is large enough...you WILL want to fille out the bottom line for Copyright Info.

Yes, Lightroom can be used for this (easily) but so can Bridge/ACR/Image Processor.

• 3. Re: How to run image processor with ACR?
              kevin4545 Level 1

thanks Jeff, yes the open first image was selected. Never seen or notice that ever before. Maybe it's checked by default?

I just ran 500 pixels, size 5 jpeg, don't think you need more quality or size of copyright, right?

Thanks for that final tip on using the copyright field at the bottom! Sure enough I would have forgot that, and this is the appropriate time to use it!