• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring the files to the network

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2006 Jul 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there! I have another question. I am finished my first little helpfile with RoboHelp HTML and I transferred all the folders and files (exactly as they were in my local computer) to the network, and somehow the .chm file doesn't show anything (Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable
). But the htm files work perfectly.
I don't see a path linking the pages or the chm file to my local disk, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again!

Beatriz.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 14, 2006 Jul 14, 2006
Thank you Colum and Rick for all your help... I've talked with the programmer and I think the client installs the application locally so no problem there. And here at work I think everyone who wants to see the helpfile will have to copy it to their hard disks.

Again thanks a lot, have a good week-end!

Beatriz.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Beatriz

Take a look at the link below. Then have yourself a good cry...

Click here to visit fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means that if we put the file within an application and send it to the customer he will no be able to see it either?
Maybe I can create the chm file with the html files, like the old times?

thank Rick, you have been very helpful today (even if you made me cry with this 😉 )

thanks, Beatriz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I've read the document ..... somehow I'm not alone in this...
If I understood it correctly the problem is not the chm file generated by RH but the patch from Microsoft so that means that any helpfile in a form of a .chm file will not work. And the easiest solution is to copy it in the hard disk.
Am I right on this? I don't think I have another solution since I am pretty sure my customers will not allow me to change their registry....

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beatriz. That's about the sum of it. The only other option would be to change your output to webhelp which is designed to run on a network/website. Trouble is, that means more work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Colum and Rick for all your help... I've talked with the programmer and I think the client installs the application locally so no problem there. And here at work I think everyone who wants to see the helpfile will have to copy it to their hard disks.

Again thanks a lot, have a good week-end!

Beatriz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp