4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 6:02 AM by RjL190365

PROCESSER HELP

Euaannxx

what is best for the video editing? i5 3570k processor and a gaphics card or the i7 3770k and none???

• 1. Re: PROCESSER HELP
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

See this page for information about hardware for Premiere Pro and After Effects: http://adobe.ly/pRYOuk

• 2. Re: PROCESSER HELP
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1st... what kind of video are you editing?

2nd... in general, the i7 will be a LOT faster than the i5

3rd... for PPro CS5 or later, an nVidia card also helps

• 3. Re: PROCESSER HELP
              Jim_Simon Level 9

The best would be the i7 and the graphics card (nVidia).

• 4. Re: PROCESSER HELP
                RjL190365 Level 4

Agreed, Jim. As a user who upgraded the CPU in his secondary PC ("Randall's Mud Rover", in this case) from a Sandy Bridge i5 (i5-2400 @ 3.6GHz) to an Ivy Bridge i7 (i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz), the i7 significantly putperforms the i5 with the exact same GPU (GeForce GTX 560 non-Ti). Even at stock (default) speed, the i7 produced an overall result of about 285 seconds in PPBM5 versus about 335 seconds for the "overclocked" i5 (the difference wasn't very big due to the fact that the GTX 560 is now the weakest link in this particular auxiliary rig after the CPU upgrade) - in both cases with 16GB of main system RAM installed. I submitted to the PPBM5 site the results after the CPU upgrade with the CPU overclocked to 4.3GHz (which produced an average result of 258 seconds after three runs of the PPBM5 tests).

Message was edited by: RjL190365