3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2006 6:31 AM by Newsgroup_User

The answer may be simple but

kjpd84

Since I got Fireworks 8 last week, I've worked through the accompanying 'Getting Started' manual and much of 'Training from the Source' by Patti Schulze. While I love the program, I'm frustrated by a difficulty that may be simple but is exasperating for me.

When I create an image and try to save it as a .gif, jpg or png file for use in Dreamweaver,I find that I repeatedly time and time and tiime and time without end, simply lose the image.

How can I resolve this difficulty?
        • 1. Re: The answer may be simple but
          Level 7
          What operating system are you using?

Could you explain the steps you are taking and the results in more detail?

alex

kjpd84 wrote:
          >
          > Since I got Fireworks 8 last week, I've worked through the accompanying
          > 'Getting Started' manual and much of 'Training from the Source' by Patti
          > Schulze. While I love the program, I'm frustrated by a difficulty that may be
          > simple but is exasperating for me.
          >
          > When I create an image and try to save it as a .gif, jpg or png file for use
          > in Dreamweaver,I find that I repeatedly time and time and tiime and time
          > without end, simply lose the image.
          >
          > How can I resolve this difficulty?
          >
          • 2. Re: The answer may be simple but
            Level 7
            Two ideas.

First, exporting an image is not the same as saving an image. You save the
            image to a PNG to preserve fireworks info, but you export to a jpg or gif or
            other format (including "standard" png).

Second, the program does not automatically export to the directory your png
            or source file is in. This has tripped me up plenty before. Be sure to
            check your path carefully. Anytime you experience problems, drill down the
            path from the root of the drive.

HTH -- Tony

"kjpd84" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e961d8$r0s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >
            > Since I got Fireworks 8 last week, I've worked through the accompanying
            > 'Getting Started' manual and much of 'Training from the Source' by Patti
            > Schulze. While I love the program, I'm frustrated by a difficulty that
            > may be
            > simple but is exasperating for me.
            >
            > When I create an image and try to save it as a .gif, jpg or png file for
            > use
            > in Dreamweaver,I find that I repeatedly time and time and tiime and time
            > without end, simply lose the image.
            >
            > How can I resolve this difficulty?
            >

• 3. Re: The answer may be simple but
              Level 7
              In FW 8, if you have a new image with multiple objects, you can "save"
              as PNG only, but you can "save as" any FW supported format, without all
              the html attributes associated with the Export dialog. With many
              formats, you will get the option to "save a copy" so you don't flatten
              your original artwork.

And of course, you can "Export" too.

That directory location issue is a pain. There is some kind of logic
              there, but I can never remember what it is. lol
              --
              Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
              Extending Knowledge, Daily
              http://www.communityMX.com/
              CommunityMX - Free Resources:
              http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
              ---
              .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver

Anthony Bollinger wrote:
              > Two ideas.
              >
              > First, exporting an image is not the same as saving an image. You save the
              > image to a PNG to preserve fireworks info, but you export to a jpg or gif or
              > other format (including "standard" png).
              >
              > Second, the program does not automatically export to the directory your png
              > or source file is in. This has tripped me up plenty before. Be sure to
              > check your path carefully. Anytime you experience problems, drill down the
              > path from the root of the drive.
              >
              > HTH -- Tony
              >
              > "kjpd84" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              > news:e961d8$r0s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >>
              >> Since I got Fireworks 8 last week, I've worked through the accompanying
              >> 'Getting Started' manual and much of 'Training from the Source' by Patti
              >> Schulze. While I love the program, I'm frustrated by a difficulty that
              >> may be
              >> simple but is exasperating for me.
              >>
              >> When I create an image and try to save it as a .gif, jpg or png file for
              >> use
              >> in Dreamweaver,I find that I repeatedly time and time and tiime and time
              >> without end, simply lose the image.
              >>
              >> How can I resolve this difficulty?
              >>
              >
              >