2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 6:44 PM by lasvideo

Premier pro failing after windows updates?

subtlefly72 Level 1

Hi all,

I have a windows workstation

i7 3639K chip

gigabyte X79 MOBO

NIVIDEA Quadro 4000 graphics card

32 GB ram

WD 2TB caviar green harddrive

I know the hard drive is not great but it was the best I could afford at the time.  So took computer to the shop for a power supply issue and the helpful tech has updated everything (service pack 1) [Usually I keep this machine offline and do not update when I have everything working- if it isnt broken dont fix it is my philosophy]

Premiere pro usually runs very very fast on this machine - I have been editing film quite happily without needing to render sequences first and have been getting very responsive performance from the timeline scrubber and preview window--- but now there is a long delay between moving the timeline scrubber and the preview window changing and also premiere pro is continually freezing when exporting (no error or anything - it just hangs on x% and does not go any further- when you try to cancel - then it starts "not responding" and eventually you have to crash the program to continue..[At the moment I am trying to edit and export short .png sequences from 3ds max]

I have updated Premiere pro 5.5 and tried to update graphics card to latest driver, but this has not fixed the issue,

Two questions-

1) what should I be doing to try to get Premier Pro back to working how it was?

2) any suggestions (adding an SSD or creating a RAID or changing settings?) to get better performance out of my machine (once I resolve my current issue)

Cheers all

sub