Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complete uninstallation of Flash Player on Mac

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using Flash Player 10 version in my Mac 10.8, I want to uninstall it and install the latest version(11). After Uninstalling also I am getting update preference window while installing latest version.

I have deleted flash cookies at below locations:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/flashplayer.xpt

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/

~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash Player/

Still I am getting update window while installing latest version.

Want I need to do to uninstall older version completely from my mac so that I should not get update preference window while installing latest version.Please respond..its an emergency in my requirement.

Thanks in advance..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know the Flash Player version installed in your machine by going the following site: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

You mentioned that you get an update window while installing. Could you please post a screenshot of the same?

Also, if you have the latest version installed, you can go to System Preference and double-click the Flash Player icon. In the Advanced tab, you can opt for Never Check Updates.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sunil,

I have flash player 11.7 version installed on my mac 10.8. After uninstalling this I am trying to install it again, when I am doing this I am getting update window. My concern is why I am getting update window for fresh installation also. As you said to opt for Never check Updates but I need update window in other scenarios.

Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 8.42.38 PM.pngI should not get update window for fresh installation only.What I need to do to acheive this.

Please Respond its emergency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines