1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2006 12:28 PM by kglad

problem with scrolling content actionscript

dustbunnie
      Hi everyone... I just completed the relative scrolling content tutorial found on this page: http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/intermediate/relative_scrolling/rel_scrol_1.shtml as I'm looking to create a similar effect on a client's web site. However, when I go to test the animation I created in the tutorial, the Output box shows that I have 17 errors in my ActionScript, however, I've checked all my script several times and it's exactly the same as the author's.

The author says the tutorial it outdated, but that it should still work no matter what version of Flash you're using. I'm using Macromedia Flash Professional 8. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction as I have no idea why the animation won't work properly. It'll slide back and forth but it won't stop, and the pink buttons won't work either. Below is a copy of the error report I get:

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 3: Unexpected '/' encountered
      /bar:target = 1;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 4: Syntax error.
      /bar:direction = "f";

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 2: Unexpected '/' encountered
      /bar:target = 1;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 3: Statement must appear within on handler
      director ();

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 4: Unexpected '}' encountered
      }

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 2: Unexpected '/' encountered
      /bar:target = 2;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 3: Statement must appear within on handler
      director ();

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 4: Unexpected '}' encountered
      }

/bar:target = 3;

director ();

}

/bar:target = 4;

director ();

}

/bar:target = 5;

director ();

}

Total ActionScript Errors: 17 Reported Errors: 17

Again, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Nicole