4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 1:35 PM by Mark_Rausch

Adobe Edge Inspect support on GWT ?

Jav.Adrien

When I load my GWT app into this, the remote inspector on my computer is desesperatly empty even after my app has loaded on my mobile device.

• 1. Re: Adobe Edge Inspect support on GWT ?
          Ken G. Rice Adobe Employee

Moved from the Creative Cloud to the Edge Inspect forum. They will be able to help you here.

• 2. Re: Adobe Edge Inspect support on GWT ?
            Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

Hi Jav.Adrien,

1. Can you tell us more about the GWT app you're trying to load? Is it a custom web app you've written or is it a public web app?
            2. Can you take a screenshot of the first page of the remote inspector and post it here so we can see what you're seeing there?

Thanks,

Mark

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe Edge Inspect support on GWT ?
              Jav.Adrien Level 1

1. It's a custom private (huge) GWT app. We're extensively using the MVP model and the presenters to display our pages, so it might be because of this.

2. Whenever I change screen, I get extra entries, but when the page is displayed, the remote inspector shows blank code (works (great) on other classic html pages I've tried)

If the application URL was appURL, when we move through the app, we would just (from the browser perspective) move to appURL#screen1, appURL#screen2 etc... without actual browser "loading".

In the first page of the remote inspector, when I click on a link it does add a new green line with the new appURL#destinationscreen, but when I go into the code part, for a very short time I've got the default GWT loading stuff (a basic HTML/BODY with a noscript tag that says you need JS to see this), but as soon as my screen is actually loading, then the inspector clears itself and never fetches the new code. If I click on something else it does register a new appURL#newDestination in the first screen and then has the same behavior as before.

• 4. Re: Adobe Edge Inspect support on GWT ?
                Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

Ok, unfortunately it sounds like the way your application is architected it doesn't work well with weinre, the tool we're using to do remote inspection.

This likely won't change anything, but we have a document on how to run your own custom weinre server here: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2623

Once you've confirmed a problem with local weinre, you might want to post a question or bug report about it to the weinre google groups page here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/weinre

1 person found this helpful