9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 12:20 PM by PushkinAl

I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS

PushkinAl Level 1

I am using platypusgame.zip downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/createjs/articles/getting-started.html.  I did not changed anything. Default settings. SWF file is publishing with no errors. Flash CS6 on Macbook OS X 10.7.4. No preview in Safari.

What may cause this error?

Upd: The same error when I publish it with Toolkit for CreateJS using Flash CS6 on PC Windows7. Here, despite on this error, I can see preview in Google Chrome.

Am I the only one who gets this error in Output panel?

Message was edited by: PushkinAl

• 1. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

i don't see any problem when publishing with cs6/win7.

• 2. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
            SuhasYogin Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you please update your version of Toolkit for CreateJS and then try?

1. In Flash Professional CS6, go to Help > Updates... This displays the Adobe Application Manager.
            2. Select the Toolkit for CreateJS update, and click the Update button.

Please let me know if your issue persists despite updating the extension.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

• 3. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
              PushkinAl Level 1

Hi Suhas,

Actually, I've just downloaded Toolkit for CreateJS, so it should by the last version of it, I think.

Anyway, when I go to Help > Updates, I do not see Toolkit for CreateJS option there:ScreenShot 2012-12-04 at 10.40.50 PM.png

• 4. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
                SuhasYogin Adobe Employee

Hello,

Please select and install Flash Pro CS6 Update 2 (a new version of the Toolkit for CreateJS is bundled along with the update). Once the installer completes installing the update, it will proceed to install a fresh version of Toolkit for CreateJS.

Could you please do tis and let me know if it fixed your issue?

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

• 5. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
                  PushkinAl Level 1

Hello,

It did not fix the issue on Mac. It still installing on PC ....

Upd: Still have the error in Output panel on PC with Flash CS6 updated.

Message was edited by: PushkinAl

• 6. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
                    PushkinAl Level 1

Any other suggestions how to fix it?

Can it be because this is Creative Cloud Flash CS6?

• 7. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
                      mattdwm Level 1

I also get this error with the example. Using Flash Pro 12.0.2.529.

• 8. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
                        ron010101

This is a problem with exporting the audio file "pop" correct??

The reason I downloaded the sample platypusgame file was to see how and if it would export the audio without errors. I have been having the same problems on a project I am working on.

On the platypus file I am getting the output  error message below :

ERRORS:

Empty symbol. [pop]

error-emtpysymbol.jpg

I also get this "Empty symbol" error on the other file I have been trying to publish with CreateJS - the audio does not export and play in the html.

It does work fine when I publish it as a .swf.

Note that on the platypus game file I changed the action script (and js) to "pop" in place of "idle" to get the audio to work in the swf file. (see below)

pop.jpg

Any solutions yet? I am using the latest version of Flash - 12.0.2.529  and downloaded the the CreateJS extension today.

And I guess my big question is: DOES CreateJS ever work with exporting audio on a timeline?

Thanks!
                        Ron

• 9. Re: I get "ERRORS: Empty symbol. [pop]" when publish PlatypusGame.fla with Toolkit for CreateJS
                          PushkinAl Level 1

So, after 2 months of conversations with Adobe Technical Support, and getting from their folk  some contradictory answers (here is some examples: "This is not an Adobe's issue, this is CreateJS's issue, so ask about that on their forum", to "Yes, this is a bug and it was fixed but we won't tell you in what version it was fixed", "No, this bug has never been registered yet in our bug database, we will registere it for you", "Here is the bug number ... , you can track it in Adobe database via this link...", "No, you cannot track it via that link, because this bug is registered in our local bug database, you have not access to it" etc.), I got the "final" answer that basically contained 2 part: 1) You cannot use audio in your project (i.e. createJS Toolkit won't convert it), this is a feature, not a bug 2) so, the" Error" message should actually reads as an "Warning" message, that audio won't be converted.

I am pretty sure that if I talked to another Adobe guy next time, I would probably get yet another answer, but I won't. You may, if you want. Be prepare though for the following: 1) you will have to wait at least 30 min when a next representative is free (do not be fooled with their "peace of mind" offer - they never called back in that period of time that they promise) 2) the 1-st level representatives sounds like have no clue what is what and how it works 3) you cannot call the next level representative even if they leave you there number and extention and tell you to call them directly - the first level representative just won't connect you to that extention 4) they may ask you what is the better day and  time to call you back - they never called at that day/time 5) they may call you at 7 am because of different time zone 5) they will give you contradictory answers 6) every time you call them, you will have to explaine everything from very beginning, and after every newpeace of information (new to this particular representative, even if that was descussed several time with another representatives) , they will put you on hold for 10-15 minutes to discusse it with someone else 6) every more advanced level representative will want to share your screen and see the problem "with their own eyes"; does not matter that you provided your file with your case, they won't bother to try it on their end until you insist that to do that. And even they did and admited they had the same issue, the next persdon to whome you will talk next time will want to share you screen "to see it with their own eyes"!!!

So, if you are ready for that - go ahead