2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2012 4:16 PM by the_wine_snob

PE11 and burning to a DVD+R disc

Beyondlost

Hi,

I am so lost.

I have video and slideshows that I would like to burn to DVD's for Christmas presents.

I seem to be unable to burn more than one MPEG video or MPEG slideshow to the DVD.

I have reasearched the forum until I'm blue in the face. I have looked into the APE11 Class room in a Book. All to no avail.

Yes - I am very, very new to PE11. In fact this is my first video program I've ever used. I also am not very techy. - Sorry.

Here is the problem. Once I burn a slideshow or a video, I am unable to burn anything else to the DVD+R.

At this time, I am ready to shove everything into one BIG huge file and burn it.

Do I have any other options?

I am using a new Toshiba laptop with Windows 8. The hard drive is almost empty because it is so much larger than my old PC. Ram could be improved but I don't think that is my problem.

I believe I don't understand the function of DVD's. Can you say frustrated? Yep - I can!

DVD-R does what?

DVD+R does what?

DVD-RW does what?

Am I trying to write multiple vidoe's/slideshows to the wrong medium?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

• 1. Re: PE11 and burning to a DVD+R disc
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

-R and +R are variations on the same theme, RW is re-writable

Link to DVD Demystified FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/544206

In general, when you write to a DVD it is a write once and the disc is closed to further writing operation

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PE11 and burning to a DVD+R disc
            the_wine_snob Level 9

John T. has provided a great link to about all things "DVD."

The +R & -R are types of DVD media, and can be used (in their blank form) to create DVD-Videos, to be played on computers via DVD software players, or by set-top hardware DVD players, hooked to a TV.

Gong back, set-top hardware DVD players were sensitive to the DVD "types," and some would only play one type well, or possibly ONLY one type. Most modern DVD players are much less sensitive, BUT if some recipients have older players, it can still be important. For those older set-top players the +R type media, seem to be slightly more "universal," but there is no "correct answer," as it depends on the actual player.

Most computer multi-drive players can handle either type (and also RW discs), equally well.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful