5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 9:32 AM by Zac Lam

Get a clip name in Video Filter

A_Gankov

Hello!

I need to write some specific plugins, that "overprints" technical info over image. So, I get a problem - what is the best way to get CLIP name in "VideoFilter" plugin? Can I get there more technical info (that is seen in Premier's bin) ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Get a clip name in Video Filter
          walczakb Level 1

AFAIK currently you can't.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Get a clip name in Video Filter
            A_Gankov Level 1

it is a pity. No possibility at all ?

I looked through After Effects SDK and did not find such a possibility also.

The only solution is wirting extended script in After Effects - it works and the problem is solved, but it is too complex for short dataflow...

• 3. Re: Get a clip name in Video Filter
              Zac Lam Adobe Employee

It's not possible through the Premiere filter API, but you can do it using the After Effects API in Premiere Pro.  In PrSDKAESupport.h, version 4 of the PF Utility Suite adds GetClipName().  There are other functions in that same suite that provide more info about a clip too.

• 4. Re: Get a clip name in Video Filter
                A_Gankov Level 1

Well, we have in production CS5. Nevertheless, I build plugin with test call of UtilitySuite 4. In AEFX CS5 I got error, that this suite is unavailable. (In premier - I did not got error, but clipname function call did not return anything).

So, I've found workstation with CS6, copy my plugin in appropriate folders, but neither AEFX nor Premier find it. And I couldn't test it. What may be wrong? Shall I rebuild plugin with Adobe CS6 installed ?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Get a clip name in Video Filter
                  Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Yes, version 4 of the Utility Suite is new for Premiere Pro CS6, so the call wouldn't work in earlier versions or other products at this point.

Does the workstation with CS6 have Microsoft Visual Studio installed too?  If not, then the problem is probably that you are building a debug plug-in that is dependent on the debug Microsoft run-time libraries.  The other workstation doesn't have these DLL dependencies, so the plug-in can't be loaded.  To fix this you could either install the debug Microsoft run-time libraries on your system with CS6, or build a release version of your plug-in (which you will need to do eventually if you plan to distribute the plug-in to other systems).

1 person found this helpful