1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 9:53 AM by Peter Spier

I can't start INdesign CS6

StarCSR

A colleague of mine bought Indesign CS6, and he can't start the software.

We are part of the same domain, but he's a "normale employee" and I am part of our IT division. And it's policy with us that any software can only be installed with a user with admin priviliges.

When I install it with my admin user it all works fine. But when a normal user tries to open the software it shows the splash screen and then it just says that it has encountered a problem. There is no specific error message or error code.

When I go into Active Directory and I remove the logon script, we can also start up the software.

When I called Adobe they said I had to give admin priviliges to the user, but that is not what is supposed to happen. The software should just work for every user on the desktop/notebook it's installed on.
      So I'm guessing it's probably something in the registry I should do. Anyone has any idea what?

• 1. Re: I can't start INdesign CS6
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

We're seeing a number of similar reports. I can't run as a standard user on Windows 7, either (but since i'm the only user here, I run as admin anyway so I never noticed until the other day when someone else brought it up.

It's some sort of permissions issue, and I think you can work around it by telling the system to run ID as administrator and turning off UAC, but you shouldn't have to do that, and probably don't want to for a variety of valid reasons. Does your comapny have a support contract? I think this is something that needs to be handled by tech support, and probably a patch needs to be issued, but I don't know that it's a universal problem -- we don't have hundreds of complaints and I'm sure there are thousands of cases where it actually is working or we'd be inundated.