2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2008 11:24 AM by HKabaker

Auto-Sizing Popups

jdcyclone1 Level 1
      When I try to place a graphic inside an auto-sizing popup, I'm able to preview it when I preview my topic, but after I publish it to the RoboHelp Server the pop-up comes up with a page not found error inside!? However, if I change it to appear in a new window or in the same window it shows up just fine. Are pop-ups just meant to annoy me or is there something I'm missing?
        • 1. Re: Auto-Sizing Popups
          jdcyclone1 Level 1
          In addition, after checking on the RH Server, any image included in an auto-sized popup does not get pushed to the server when you publish your project!? The image wasn't even in the folder.
          • 2. Re: Auto-Sizing Popups
            HKabaker Level 2
            I'm not clear on how you're putting the graphic into the popup, but here's an approach that works for me.

Create a new topic and insert the graphic using the RH Insert > Image dialog. Make sure you're importing it from somewhere outside your RH project folder, so RH will recognize it as a new image that needs to be tracked in its project files and database.

Create a link from text, icon, image, image map or -- whatever -- to the topic with the graphic. Select the auto-sizing popup option in the link dialog.

Harvey