5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 9:04 AM by flyingj481

Presenter 8: How do I add one long audio

ziff64 Level 1

Greetings. In Adobe Presenter 8 and 2010 PowerPoint.  How do I add one long audio file to a 30 slide powerpoint presentation? The file is 90 minutes and 52 seconds long. It is an audio of one long presentation in mp3 format. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Presenter 8: How do I add one long audio
          flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Either use an audio editing program to break up the audio into separate files for each slide, or import the audio to slide one, then use the audio editor to move the slide markers to the appropriate location in the audio.

• 2. Re: Presenter 8: How do I add one long audio
            ziff64 Level 1

I am new to Presenter so please forgive my ignorance. I split the long audio file into two separate files of about 45 minutes each. I imported the first one which was assigned to slide 1.  I am having trouble moving the slide markers of the first 18 slides to coincide or be assigned to this 45 minute audio file. Exactly how do I do this? I have tried several things that have not worked. I am able to move the Click markers though. What are those for? Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Presenter 8: How do I add one long audio
              mkalyanp Level 2

move next marker button.pngHi

In order to arrange audio for your slides do the following

1. Go to audio editor

2. start playing the audio

3. At the point where you want the next slide to start press the "Move next marker to current location" button. This should move the animation markers and also the slide markers.

4. Do the same for the remaining slides

Let me know if you need more help

Thanks

Mahesh

• 4. Re: Presenter 8: How do I add one long audio
                ziff64 Level 1

I started to do this according to your instructions. . It moved my second slide without the Click just Slide 3 which is the appropriate slide for that location.. But  when I tried the next one. It adds Click #1 only.. But it should be Click 5 and slide #4. Please help!

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Presenter 8: How do I add one long audio
                  flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

It will move all the animation cues for the slide before moving the slide marker. So you will  need to place clicks 1 through 5 (in your example) before it will place the slide 4 marker. If you are not worried about cuing the animations, just click through those quickly so you can place the slide markers correctly.

Also, once the slide markers have been placed appropriately, they can be fine tuned by dragging them left or right. So don't feel like you have to get it correct the first time, it just needs to be close.