1 person found this helpful
I have tried to overcome from this issue through widget customization but unfortunately i was not able to achieve it completely, but i can share what you can do to get some relax.
1. As you have added 2 extra fields it means now you will have "6" fields in one item set, to adjust it so that all will come in one row everytime you have to set this total count value "6" in widget.
- If you are using cq5.5 then in multifield widget js file search for "config = CQ.Util.applyDefaults" (inside CQ.form.MultiField.Item) under this configuration you will find a property "columns" set this value to "6"
- If you are using cq5.4 then same you have to by searching defualt config property inside (CQ.form.MultiField.Item)
2. Now to adjust the window size so that your fields doesn't move out of view, you have to set the width of panel (instead auto) which contains this multifield and also set the width of your multifield (instead auto)
- To do that just set two properties accordingly "boxMinWidth" and "boxMaxWidth" (in pixel)
For more information about config property you can refer http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/index.html.
I hope above helps you to proceed. for more information let me know.
I was able to solve this issue by adding the 'width' property directly to the fieldConfig node. I was trying to add it on the containing dialog and multifield nodes. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I tried adding width property in "fieldConfig" node, but for me its not working.
Still i am not able to get fixed size field in custom multfield, its size keep on increasing.